Searching for Work? Check out the Arts Organizations that are Hiring
Pentacle knows that many of us are out of work, and we’ve gathered a list of resources to help. These sites listed below are consistently updating their job listings to keep us informed of work opportunities in NY and nationwide. If you’re an artist trying to make ends meet, and have an interest in administrative or production work, this list is your first step to making some extra income – or maybe even a new career direction.
- Dance NYC – Opportunities include marketing, grant writing, and production management
- New York Foundation for the Arts – Listings for social media, human resources, executive assistant, communications, and many more
- Americans for the Arts – Search for a wide variety of arts jobs nationwide
- Dance Enthusiast – Upcoming jobs, internships, auditions, and grants
- Broadway World – Variety of listings, including stage management, accounting, and summer openings – as well as classes and training
- Dance USA – Search tool for arts positions offered nationwide, including marketing, education, operations, and development
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) – Nationwide listing of management, education, and administrative work
- ART Jobs – Job listings focused on arts, education, theatre, and museum openings nationwide
- ArtStaffing – Nationwide listings for art galleries, auction houses, museums, and more
- Nonprofit Times – Job postings nationwide, in the nonprofit world
- Philanthropy News – Search for jobs at a variety of tax-exempt organizations, such as foundations and philanthropies
- The Bridgespan Group – Job search for nonprofit positions nationwide, from this social impact advisory group
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy – Listings include fundraising, administrative, and program work at philanthropies nationwide
- Chicago Artist Coalition – Windy City listings, from graffiti artists, to seamstresses, to graphic designers
- Seattle Office of Arts & Culture – Listings include curator positions, show proposals, and art installation opportunities in this vibrant enclave of arts and music
- California Arts Council – Statewide listings for social media, grant writing, development, operations, and more
- Arts Wisconsin – Listings include bookings assistant, technical director, fundraising, and internships in this beautiful Great Lakes state
- League of Chicago Theatres – Designer, stage manager, music director, and playwright positions at Chicago theatres
- Arts for LA – Bookkeeping, advancement, writing, and communications positions in the City of Angels
- Culture Capital – Search for arts marketing, education, and finance jobs in our nation’s capital
- Hire Culture – Listings for grant managers, media specialists, costume designers, and much more in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Regional Arts & Culture Council – Listings for technical help, summer assistants, and calls for art proposals in the great state of Oregon
You may also want to check local university and college job boards, as they often have listings that are perfect for arts administrators.
Pentacle remains dedicated to continuing to provide a high level of support to artists during these extraordinary circumstances. Alongside many other key and respected organizations in the field, we have begun accumulating and curating resources for artists and organizations experiencing income loss and other troubles as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. Find help at Financial Urgent Care.
Latest Blog Posts
An Artist's Email Marketing Calendar: Tips & TricksTips and tricks for creating an email marketing calendar for your arts organization Email marketing calendars are critical for most enterprises, and they deserve a high level of organization and care. In fact,...
How to create your own bookkeeping system for arts businessesManaging your organization’s finances can tend to be overwhelming. Who gave us funds for what? Who is getting paid for their services? How do I show a final report to stay compliant with the grant I...
Should My Dancers Be on Payroll?Benefits of Paying Your Dancers on Payroll A common question smaller dance companies pose themselves is whether or not to put their dancers on payroll or pay them as independent contractors. We hope to lay out some benefits that your...