DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated May 2020
This is the Data Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) of Dance Works, Inc. (“Pentacle”). We maintain a website to provide our services to you, and we may ask for and collect your personal information in order to provide you with our services and assistance and provide you with other relevant information about our services. This Privacy Notice applies to activities Pentacle engages in on its website and activities that are offline or unrelated to its website. We are providing this notice to explain our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This Privacy Notice sets forth the principles that govern our treatment of personal information. We expect all employees and those with whom we share personal information to adhere to this Privacy Notice.
Pentacle is committed to protecting the information that our artists, employees, and others have entrusted to us.
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal information collected by Pentacle, relating to all artists, employees, service providers, and others who do business with Pentacle.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Personal Information You Provide
We only collect personal information that you provide to us, or that we are authorized to obtain by you or by law. The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you are interacting with us using our website and services. For example, we may collect different information from you when you submit an inquiry form for fiscal sponsorship or financial urgent care, or if you ask us a question or apply for an internship or fellowship. Depending on how you interact with our website, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from you within the past 12 months:
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), including your name, address, telephone number, education, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected Classifications, including your age, race, color, national origin, sex, and date of birth.
- Online Activity, including information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Professional Information, including your current or past job history or performance evaluations.
You may also provide us information in connection with your specific requests for assistance that is not included above. For example, if you are an existing Pentacle artist, you might ask us for assistance with writing a grant, and in that context you might provide us with the information you used to write the grant at issue.
We do not sell any personal information, including personal information of individuals under 18 years of age.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your privacy is important to us. We collect and use information we need to do our business, including providing you with the services, information, and assistance you expect from us. When we collect and use your information, we take your privacy and security very seriously.
We collect personal information to provide services, information, and assistance to you. We will use the information provided by you or on your behalf to provide the requested services, such as our financial administrative services. Specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions, requests, or communications, including any feedback or requests relating to our services, submitting an inquiry form regarding our services or assistance, and to provide you with more information about all programs. When you provide us your email through our website, our chat function, or another way, we may also use it to send you further information or materials about Pentacle, including its nextSteps program.
- To provide you with services or further information about our services, including but not limited to financial administrative assistance services and information about our services, and identifying and assigning Pentacle interns to Pentacle artist businesses;
- When you apply for a position with Pentacle, including a high school or college internship, fellowship, or employment position;
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our organization, including improving the experience for you and others, and to complete and maintain records of clients following use of services;
- Data Analytics to audit, research, and conduct analysis in order to maintain and improve our services, to protect people who use our services, and to keep statistical information for grants;
- For safety and security, by making sure third parties protect your information, and monitoring the technical functioning and security of our network;
- For legal and compliance, including complying with applicable laws, regulations, and legal obligations; and
- To protect the rights or property of Pentacle, its employees, and artists who use its services.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A “cookie” is a small text file that websites send to your computer or device other Internet-connected device to identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We use these automated technologies to collect information about your devices, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner includes information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, demographic information such as location, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, document downloads, form completion errors, scroll depth, interactions with site-specific widgets, and/or clickstream data. Our websites use first-party cookies (served directly by our website domain when you visit our websites) and third-party cookies (served by a third-party website when you visit our websites).
Behavioral Tracking/Third Party Cookies
We use third-party analytics services on our websites, including Google Analytics. To learn more about Google Analytics, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Your Internet browser may let you restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the options on our websites.
Some web browsers allow you to turn on Do Not Track (“DNT”), which sends signals to websites you visit, telling those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. Our website currently is not designed to respond to DNT signals received from web browsers.
Sometimes we use technology to collect the information that your browser uses to auto-fill. We use this to tell you if there is a mistake in registration or if the registration cannot be submitted. You can stop this technology by turning it off in your browser, and you will still be able to use all of the options on our websites.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share information about you to third parties as indicated below:
Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries if we need to. If we share your information, we will share only the information that is necessary and we will take reasonable steps to make sure that third parties take prudent steps to protect your information.
Facilitating Internships and Fellowships: We may share your personal information with a company that has partnered with Pentacle for an internship or fellowship program, including to facilitate your placement in a program.
Service Providers, Suppliers, Agents, and Business Partners: Other companies sometimes provide certain services to us or on our behalf (e.g., maintenance, IT support, human resources, analysis, development, security). Unless we tell you differently or as described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, our service providers are not permitted to use your information except to assist us.
Compliance with Legal Obligations: We may need to disclose certain information to auditors, government authorities, law enforcement, regulatory agencies, our legal counsel, third party litigants and their counsel, or other authorized individuals in order to comply with laws that apply to us, or other legal obligations such as contractual requirements.
Changes in Business Structure/Ownership: We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Pentacle’s business, assets, or ownership interest (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We have not sold, shared, or monetized any categories of personal information within the past 12 months.
Information We Disclose for a Business Purpose
In addition to the purposes described in this notice, we may use personal information listed below for business purposes.
- To provide you with services, information, and assistance, including artist assistance and services, processing donations or transactions, and processing payments, we may use the following categories of information: identifiers, personal information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), protected classifications, and online activity.
- To improve our website, including responding to inquiries and improving functionality, we use the following categories of information: identifiers and online activity.
- To comply with your requests, including sending your information to third parties if you ask us to do so: identifiers, personal information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), and protected classifications.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are allowed to access personal information, and they may only access it for permitted business functions. We also use technology to protect your information, including encryption.
While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration will never occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent it. Please keep in mind that no method of storage or transmission over the Internet is completely secure, so your use of our services and provision of information to us is at your own risk.
Our websites may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those websites linked to our websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites to which our websites link.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify or change this Privacy Notice at any time. When we make a material change to this Privacy Notice, we will inform you by posting a prominent notice on the home page of our website or changing the date on this page noting when the Privacy Notice was last updated.
For questions regarding this Privacy Notice or to submit any of the requests mentioned above relating to your personal information, contact us using any of the following options:
75 Broad Street, Suite 304
New York, NY 10004
Latest Blog Posts
Sharing Space with Arts in Sacred Places (AiSP) Sharing Space Resources with Sacred Places that Share your Mission & Values Why Share Space with a Sacred Place? In our pre-COVID-19 world, creating your artistic work meant lots of planning and searching for...
How to Know You're Showcase ReadyWhat is a showcase, and how are they run? Participating in a showcase is an opportunity to share your latest work available for touring/booking by presenting organizations. One of the larger, more well-known opportunities in the...
An Artist's Email Marketing Calendar: Tips & TricksTips and tricks for creating an email marketing calendar for your arts organization Email marketing calendars are critical for most enterprises, and they deserve a high level of organization and care. In fact,...